Summer-ize your moisturizer
Jul 31, 2013 0 Comments
Some experts believe we produce more sebum (aka oil the stuff-that makes your face shiny) in the warmer months while other claim that additional perspiration simply creates the perception of additional oil on the skin's surface. Regardless, summer is the perfect time to switch up your routine, lighten up your moisturizer and get to know you hydrators. Maintain and balance your skin by focusing on hydration, conditioning agents and antioxidants to promote healthy, glowing skin.
The go-to ingredient that gives thirsty skin a drink of water: Hyaluronic Acid.
- A moisturizer generally adds both oil and hydration.
- There are different levels of moisturizers; "water in oil" and "oil in water".
- The exception is that there are "oil free" moisturizers.
- Think as a hydrator as being something that just adds and binds moisture to the skin and is in a liquid or gel form.
- Many people can benefit from applying a hydrator and then a moisturizer.